This sounds like a manifestation of http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-135 but I'm not sure. If you can attach a simple test project that would help, I haven't tried to fix this yet.

-Lukas

Marcin Kuthan wrote:
Hi Lukas

I'm sorry that I didn't specify versions in the first post. I tested
my poms with version 2.2 (for Maven 2.2.1) and version 3.0-beta-3 (for
Maven 3.0.2). In both cases links are invalid.

I updated my build to 2.3-SNAPSHOT and plugin reported invalid
character in<url>  element. There was a mistake in property name, and
literal value ${prop} was used instead of interpreted value. The new
plugin versions helped me to find out this bug - great!

I checked again version 2.2, even with fixed property name links in
the project stage are still invalid.

For version 2.3-SNAPSHOT it seems to be almost ok. The depth of
directory levels in the links is now correct but it looks that
distributionManagement.site.url is not resolved correctly.

Please look at
http://code.google.com/p/m4enterprise/source/browse/trunk/corporate-pom/pom.xml.
Element distributionManagement.site.url is set as a property
"${com.acme.maven.corporate-pom.distributionManagement.siteUrl}".
Default value of the property is
"scp://sites.intranet.acme.com/var/www". In my settings.xml I
overwrite this property with "scp://sites.my-company.com/var/www".

As a result: stage is generated into
target/staging/sites.my-company.com/var/www directory, but the links
look like
"../../../../sites.intranet.acme.com/var/www/modular-war-parent/index.html"

There is no "sites.intranet.acme.com" elements in the effective pom of
the project, variables are resolved correctly to values from
settings.xml.

Could you check for differences between directory structure and links
generation for 2.3-SNAPSHOT, please? Are they generated in the similar
way?

Many Thanks,
Marcin