Yes, I need this dependencies on the runtime test classpath.
Thanks for the rapid help. I will try it.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:30:21 +0100
 Nick Stolwijk <nick.stolw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Do you need all those dependencies on the runtime test classpath? The
>only solution I see is to use the gf-client as test dependency and
>start excluding all that you don't need.
>
>There is no such thing as a scope runtime-test and I don't know if
>this ever came up. Maybe search through Jira for it.
>
>Hth,
>
>Nick Stolwijk
>~Senior Java Developer~
>
>iPROFS
>Wagenweg 208
>2012 NM Haarlem
>T +31 23 547 6369
>F +31 23 547 6370
>I www.iprofs.nl
>

>On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann
><l...@liermann-it.de> wrote:
>> Thanks Nick.
>>
>> I need the artifact in the runtime classpath for the unit test. If I declare
>> this dependency normal with test scope, then maven (3.0.2) adds this
>> artifact to the test-compiler classpath. Glassfishs gf-client has over
>> hundred dependencies and so the compilation time is 500 % longer. :(
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:12:04 +0100
>>  Nick Stolwijk <nick.stolw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Does it need to be on the classpath of surefire or of your unittests?
>>>
>>>If it is the first you are on the good way. You can check with -X what
>>>the classpath for surefire is.
>>>
>>>For the second, add a normal dependency with scope test.
>>>
>>>Hth,
>>>
>>>Nick Stolwijk
>>>~Senior Java Developer~
>>>
>>>iPROFS
>>>Wagenweg 208
>>>2012 NM Haarlem
>>>T +31 23 547 6369
>>>F +31 23 547 6370
>>>I www.iprofs.nl

----
Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann          Tel: +49 151/11565077
Theodolindenplatz 2                  Fax: +49 89/95449198
81545 München                       http://liermann-it.de