On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Caoilte O'Connor <caoi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the detailed reply Philip,
>
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 3:43 AM, Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> In other words, if any of my dependencies are myself, then it throws
>> an exception.
>
> Were you able to release this anywhere or is it something I could re-develop
> easily enough with the DependencyTreeBuilder.

It's not released anywhere but I could check with my boss to find out
if we could contribute back to the community.

But we're only talking about a few dozen lines of code, so you could
probably figure it out.  Look at the dependency plugin source to give
you a hint on how to do it.  BTW, we are also using this same plugin
to detect version clashes (same dependency appears more than once with
different versions).

>> I don't think it is really possible to introduce a cycle when using
>> releases, but it is definitely possible with snapshots (just follow
>> the steps in the bug).
>
> I think we were able to introduce this bug by having
>
> Version 2 of Project A depending  on version 1 of Project B which depends on
> version 1 of Project A.

Oh yes, of course.  I'm not sure why I let myself be led to believe
this could not happen with releases.

Phillip