Am 12.04.2011 00:50, schrieb emerson:
All my CI configuration is done in a profile (build and report
plugins). This is so that I have the option to not generate the
reports when running an "on demand" CI, and to generate only during
nightly builds.

As all my projects will have the same number of reports and site
related build configuration, I wanted to keep it inside a profile.

I read somewhere that the profiles can't be inherited. If this is
correct, what is the approach recommended to not have to repeat this
same configuration in every single project?

You are right, profiles are not inherited per se. AFAIK, when maven calculates the effective pom for an execution it will parse the parent pom and if it includes a profile to be activated, apply it. This interpolated parent pom is the basis for what is inherited to the child.

So you can just put your CI related config in a profile in a parent pom and activate it when building a child. This will work just like you would expect.

thanks
Emeson

-Tim