On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 2:38 PM,  <tpa...@loftware.com> wrote:

> I have a  multi module maven configuration ( a pom that runs multiple poms
> underneath it.).  I made it a multi module project because the sub projects
> are very similar and it is convenient to run them all from one pom.  However,
>  I need each of these sub projects to be versioned independently.  In
> subversion, you need to make trunk, tags, and branches folders for each
> project to do this.   This breaks the multi module directory structure for
> Maven as it requires the pom to be in the top level folder for each of the
> sub projects.
>
> Does anyone have a solution as to the best way to make this work, or am I
> stuck with not using the multi module project  in Maven?

If the grouping is *solely* for convenience and you are never going to
release from that top level pom, then you can use svn externals to
pull it all together.

You'll have a directory that contains the top level pom, and has the
svn:externals properties set.  When you check out the directory,
you'll get all the subdirectories.

Several open source projects I've worked on have used this, there
might be a "trunks" or "all" directory that pulls in all the
interesting bits.

For CI or when you're ready to release, go back to the 'real' trunk
and do it from there.

--
Wendy