With Maven 3.0.1 I am still running into this bug.  It's been 1/2 year; any
ETA on when it will be fixed?  Could Maven use an alternative to httpclient?

I have a component with five zip classifiers ranging in size from 80MB to
800MB.  I had to adjust my max heap size to 2.5GB before it would deploy
without a heap overflow.

Phillip