It's also worth mentioning that Nexus Professional's Procurement
feature is built for exactly the use case you have. It's meant to have
a hard firewall like separation between internal and external
artifacts and rules that allow you to approve whitelist/blacklist
style, or by wildcard or other runtime evaluation to define what can
be used internally.