True, even though I don't explicitly make use of javadoc plugin in the
build other than for the site generation, it's implicitly used by
release:perform. Default value of
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/perform-mojo.html#useReleaseProfile
is true, so by default release:perform will at least try to create
javadoc (and sources) artifact for the module, as part of the attempt
missing version warning will be reported, and then actual javadoc (and
sources) plugin will skip generating javadocs since module has pom
packaging.

Will add maven-javadoc-plugin to pluginManagement, and extra property
to keep plugin version DRY.

Thanks Anders!

Regards,
Stevo.