Could'nt you use a profile for that purpose?
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

Cheers,

Guillaume

Le 27/06/2011 16:23, Jean-Pierre Bergamin a écrit :
Hello maven users

We are using the maven assembly plugin to copy all generated modules and dependencies to one "central" folder. For this we created a dedicated child module that used the assembly plugin as desribed in the FAQ (http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/faq.html#module-binaries). The assembly:single goal is executed in the package phase at the moment. Because it always takes quite a while for the assembly package to run, we do not want to execute it in the package phase by default anymore, but only on request by the user.

Now is there a way to execute the assembly:single goal from the parent project explicitely? When assembly:single goal is executed in the package phase, it works. When I try to execute "mvn assembly:single" from the parent without having it run in the package phase, I get the error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-5:single (default-cli) on project eranger: Error reading assemblies: No assembly descriptors found. -> [Help 1]

Any ideas how the assembly:single can be called explicitely?

Best regards,
James