Hi,

Thanks but I'm not sure it goes really far from generating checksum of a
unique file, and my problem is more how to generate checksums of inner
content of tar.gz or zip archive ... And where to locate this in maven
life-cycle.

I had this idea, but I'm not sure on feasibility, implemented in a maven
plugin :
1- associate this new plugin execution to prepare-package
2- in this maven plugin, add @execute goal="assembly:single" (or
"assembly:directory" would be fine but deprecated) to generate tar.gz (or
zip) during prepare-package
3- add java/groovy in execute() to unpack the archive, compute checksums and
generate summary file for inner content
4- copy this file somewhere it will be picked up by the assembly during
tar.gz (or zip) generation

I'm really not sure of the @execute in a maven plugin mojo ... I'm assuming
it's a way to call another goal of another plugin from within my custom
plugin execution, but is this really likely to work ? I'm not sure also if
"assembly:single" will then be called during "package" phase, as it should ?

I imagine I could also call gmaven-plugin and execute some groovy script to
do the job ...

Any comments welcome ...