Hi all -

Quick question, I think there's some confusion on my end.

We have a plugin that loads properties into the reactor so they're available
for things like resource processing, various other plugins, etc.

However, when using the tomcat plugin directly on the command line (such as
mvn tomcat:deploy), the properties are not expanded when they've come from a
property file.

If we use the standard plugin configuration and bind the deployment to a
particular lifecycle goal with an execution, the property is expanded
successfully.

What are we doing wrong/what are we missing?

When the tomcat goals are called on the command line, it's as if they skip
several steps but grab things from activated profiles and <properties>
blocks.

Suggestions?