I have created some sub folders in src/main/resources that I would
like to include in the final artifact.jar file.

        <build>
                <resources>
                        <resource>
                                <directory>src/main/resources/</directory>
                        </resource>
                        <resource>
                                <directory>src/main/resources/logs</directory>
                        </resource>
                        <resource>
                                <directory>src/main/resources/data</directory>
                        </resource>
                </resources>

Next I copy these resources to the target folder:

                        <plugin>
                                <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                                <configuration>

<outputDirectory>${target.basedir}</outputDirectory>

<includeEmptyDirs>true</includeEmptyDirs>
                                        <resources>
                                                <resource>

                                                </resource>
                                        </resources>
                                </configuration>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>copy-resources</id>
                                                <phase>packaging</phase>
                                                <goals>

<goal>copy-resources</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>

Further I use the maven-dependency-plugin during compile time to fetch
some dependencies from nexus and copy those the /target folder.

                        <plugin>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>copy-and-unpack</id>
                                                <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>unpack</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                                <configuration>
                                                        <artifactItems>
                                                                <artifactItem>

<groupId>com.test</groupId>

<artifactId>assembly</artifactId>

<version>1.0.1</version>

<type>zip</type>

<overWrite>true</overWrite>

<outputDirectory>${target.basedir}</outputDirectory>
                                                                </artifactItem>
                                                        </artifactItems>
                                                </configuration>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>

These dependencies should also be included in the final artifact.jar
file. But after I have run mvn clean install the artifact.jar file
only contains the manifest file.

How do I include resources from the project and target folder i the
final artifact.jar file?