Wayne

thank you to get me to the right direction.

please take note it Is not my own source I am attempting to build. It is the
official released axis2-1.6.1 src reelase which I toke down by
$ jsvn co /asf/axis/axis2/java/core/tags/v1.6.1  v1.6.1

AND hence this pom.xml there is the master of all.

That is to say, because I expect some source corruption, I deleted yesterday
all under
/asf/axis/axis2/java/core/tags/v1.6.1

and I toke down a fresh copy from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/axis/axis2/java/core/tags/v1.6.1

Unfortunately I got the same failure. axis2-kernel the first one showing up not
able to pass a $ mvn install

Now - which Manifests do I need to check? If they belong to sources code
then catching down sources all again should cure the problem. Is that correct?

Josef

I can redo a build on a Windows System and check that a $ä mvn