Hi Todd,

tpatch wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am currently upgrading to maven 3 from 2.  I have a settings.xml that I
> have been using for a couple of years now.  It has a profile in it called
> "dev" it looks something like this:
>
> <profiles>
> <profile>
> <id>dev</id>
> <activation>
> <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
> </activation>
>
> When I run "mvn clean install" in 2.0 it used this profile and all was
> well.
> Now when I run against Maven 3.0 this profile is not active.  I have to
> run
> "mvn clean install -Pdev" to activate it.  I have searched online and
> tried several things, the only thing that seemed to work was
> <activeProfiles>.
>
> Does this setting no longer work???

activeByDefault always meant that this profile is only active if none other
is. If you e.g. have added a profile for M3's site plugin to use the POM for
M2 or M3, well, then you have now an active one ;-)

So, what does this print on console:
 mvn help:active-profiles

Cheers,
Jörg

BTW: I used therefore activeProfiles even in M2 ...