After banging my head for half an hour, I finally figured what was wrong. I was trying to use org.xerial:sqlite-jdbc version 3.7.2 on maven 3. This jar is part of central repository and I was able to to see when I went to local nexus mirror.

However maven was not "seeing" it. Any time I tried compilation, I was getting error about unable to resolve dependencies. It turned out that this artifact is dependent upon some other artifacts which come from xerial.org repository. If maven had told me about the actual missing dependencies, it would have been much easier.

Was there any switch that I could have used to the name of actual missing dependency? During my tries maven only complained about dependency that was in my pom and not the transitive dependencies.

I managed to fix it by adding xerial mirror to my nexus, but this can be baffling problem as error message was misleading.

Regards,

Niranjan