Hi,

I'm a relatively new Maven user. I found an exact description of my problem on
StackOverflow, but no solution:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10174542/resolving-maven-circular-dependencies-between-test-testhelper-and-project-unde

One can easily get around the problem by first building the core project with
-Dmaven.test.skip=true. But the Eclipse plugin is not so smart and I can't load
my projects in Eclipse.

I think this a legitimate case that Maven should be able to solve on its own
since the common test classes (Atesthelper in the StackOverflow post) are
declared as a test scope dependency.

Is there any solution available for this problem (splitting the main project in
two is not an option, and it would be a terrible hack just to satisfy a Maven
limitation)? Any plugin or configuration trick?

Thanks much in advance!
Boris