I have seen much documentation of importing a Maven project into Eclipse.
 However, many of us have the opposite situation - we are starting with an
Eclipse set-up and have decided to migrate to Maven for the builds.

I did find one posting on the subject - the author, like myself, was
intimidated by Maven ... and especially intimidated by the differences in
the directory layout between Maven and Eclipse.  However, he said that
since he was well experienced in Eclipse he was able to muddle thru it.
 Muddle thru it how?  The only thing I can think of is to start by building
a Maven set-up, manually moving my Eclipse files into the Maven projects,
and then importing back into Eclipse.

Surely there is a better way than that!

Thanks for your patience and your assistance,
   RonA