Hello,

I believe there is now a skinny war option in the ear plugin that could
help you to handle this case. I never used it so I cannot really tell you
more about it.

Another option would be to have 2 profiles to build your war. One with all
dependencies provided by the ear marked as provided, and another one with
the same dependencies with compile/runtime scope.

Again another option would be to exclude dependencies at package time (in
the war plugin configuration)

Hope this helps,

Vincent