Well, normally most things are simple with Maven if you have a good
infrastructure setup, which includes a Maven repository Manager. But you
don't, and then you run into issues when you want to do workarounds. Get a
repo manager and you probably will not run into more issues as you continue
on, would be my advice.

/Anders