Thanks Stephen,

I'm trying to figure out why I'm not seeing this in the actual staged artifacts,
or in previous releases.

Here's what I've concluded:

The maven-gpg-plugin has a bug - it copies the pom.xml to the finalname.pom, in
target, and then signs that, without substituting into the property variable in
the finalname.  So, if you look into /target, it's got the wrong name.

But, when the install plugin installs, it

  (a) ignores the incorrectly named ...pom in the /target, and instead, copies
the original pom to the install spot.  You can see that in the run output for
the install step:

  [INFO] Installing
C:\au\t\tm-rc4\src-to-build\textmarker-2.0.0\textmarker-ep-engine\pom.xml to
C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\.m2\repository\org\apache\
uima\textmarker-ep-engine\2.0.0\textmarker-ep-engine-2.0.0.pom

  (b) it does copy the incorrectly named .asc file to the repository, but
(SURPRISE !) it fixes up the name in the target :-) :

  [INFO] Installing
C:\au\t\tm-rc4\src-to-build\textmarker-2.0.0\textmarker-ep-engine\target\org.apache.uima.textmarker.engine_${parsedVersion
.osgiVersion}.pom.asc to
C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\.m2\repository\org\apache\uima\textmarker-ep-engine\2.0.0\textmarker-ep-engine-2.0.0.pom.asc

So, we're only seeing this issue due to the fact that we happened to look into
the /target directory.

-Marshall