I adjusted my maven startup script to automatically use project specific settings.xml file:
see http://blog.progs.be/311/project-specific-maven-settings-xml

Kind regards,
Joachim

On 03/24/2013 05:25 PM, Wayne Fay wrote:
I was trying to avoid having two setting.xml files. I was also thinking of
having two login accounts each with their own settings.xml as role based
login makes more sense. Thanks for confirming my thinking.
Even better is using a VM for your work environment on the personal
machine. This is what I do the last few years. I have a buddy who has
Mountain Lion VMs hosted (Parallels) on his ML machine. He has a
"financial" VM for banking and taxes, a "work" VM for work stuff, etc.

Wayne