1. warning if you don't define plugin version
you can believe Maven 3 doc, version is taken from pluginManagement: coded
here [1]
But I must confess I never tried with CLI, since we use to continue defining
plugin version directly to keep Maven 2.x compatibility
I just tried and confirm this warning happens, but it is wrong: please open a
Jira issue

2. report inheritence
I just tried the corresponding "inheritedReports" IT from m-site-p, which I
had to skip with Maven 3 in MSITE-595 [2] /r1148517 [3]

and you're right: now, m-site-p with Maven 3 seems to behave like Maven 2,
then the doc is now wrong
I don't know when/how it has changed: m-site-p or Maven?

Please open another Jira issue

BTW, thanks for these precise reports: this really helps us keep Maven as good
as possible

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-reporting-
exec/apidocs/org/apache/maven/reporting/exec/DefaultMavenReportExecutor.html#getPluginVersion(org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.ReportPlugin,

org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.RepositoryRequest,
org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.MavenReportExecutorRequest)

[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-595

[3] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1148517