From:   "Richard Sand" <rs...@idfconnect.com>
To:     "'Maven Users List'" <users@maven.apache.org>,
Date:   2013-07-15 01:09 PM
Subject:        introducing maven-proguard-plugin

Hi all,

I've published version 0.8 of my obfuscation plugin, which can be used to
invoke ProGuard to obfuscate Maven artifacts. It is a Maven3 plugin and
requires Java6. I've tried to integrate it as well as possible into the
maven world to minimize the amount of configuration needed for it to
automatically find the proper files to obfuscate and create a nice usable
output.

The plugin website is
http://mavenproguard.sourceforge.net/project-summary.html. I've opened a
ticket to create a Sonatype project for it, so it can be included in the
central repository, but for now if you want to try it out you can download
it from SourceForge directly:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mavenproguard/files/. The source code,
SVN,
tickets etc. can also be found there.

I've still got one major maven integration issue, and that's with adding
the
result of the obfuscator back into maven via attachArtifact. If you use the
plugin, leave the "attach" property as false (the default) and use the
resulting jar(s) from the obfuscator via maven assembly. I e-mailed the
list
about that issue a few days ago so if anyone has any insight into that I'd
appreciate any advice!

Anyway I hope someone finds this plugin helpful. Thanks!

Best regards,

Richard

DISCLAIMER:

Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.

Thank You.