Von: Russell Gold [mailto:r...@gold-family.us]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013 10:27
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: mvn release:prepare does not update parent version

The example you mention updates the build artifacts only.

When you release code, you would of course assign a version number to the
release, and you can specify what snapshot version you want to use next. That
makes the release consistent with all of the tests. It's simple labeling what
is being released.

Changing the version number of outside artifacts that you reference, on the
other hand, is a change in the definition and functionality of the system.
There is no particular reason to expect it to work, and more than if you
decided to ask Maven to modify any other code in your system.

Russ

Come read my webnovel, Take a Lemon <http://www.takealemon.com>, and listen to
the Misfile radio play <http://www.gold-family.us/audio/misfile.html>!