thank you Curtis: all the pointers you gave are of great value!

I perfectly understand your Githubs examples: pull requests + work to give
pull requests most chances to be accepted
In fact, in our case, for somebody having commit privileges, using such pull
requests isn't the first thing I would have thought, but yes, it is a good
Review Then Commit tooling

For somebody with commit privileges, would you find any key difference with a
branch on ASF Git + discussion on mailing list before merging into master?

For gerrit, now I see what it looks like: seems really more complex than
GitHubs pull requests. Don't know when such tooling starts to be really useful

Thanks again for your pointers: today, I learned something useful, it's a good
day
Notice I'm having holidays and won't be on the ML for 2 weeks: I won't be able
to continue the discussion, even if really instructive

Regards,

Hervé