You will probably get better answers.

On 13/11/2013 12:09 PM, James Green wrote:
So where should one place a test that intends on exercising code against
something real? We have bits here that involve http calls that pre-date
soap and we therefore have no mock.

It depends on what you are testing.
If it is a webapp, you may find that you have to put the script in a spreadsheet that you give to a human.
If you have a keystoke emulator, then the script will go in the emulator.

Integration tests in general would be separate projects.

Mocks have nothing to do with soap so I am not sure what age has to do with testing.

A repeat of the second question from my original post: does the integrate
test execute against the artefact produced or against the original source
code?
You always want to test against the artifact produced in an integration test. Unit test is usually in the project that produces the artifact and has to pass before the artifact is produced.

Ron

On 13 November 2013 15:59, Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com