Hi Folks,

I found a little curiosity in the maven jar plugin.

if you specify includes and the skipIfEmpty property a jar is still
created and attached while it only has a pom file in it. I would have
expected that the creation of the jar was skipped if no files where
selected by my includes property.

My usecase: I only want to generate the tests jar when there are
builders in the module, so other modules can use those builders in
their tests. I don't want to package all tests, to prevent developers
to create dependencies on these tests.

My configuration:

            <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>test-jar</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <skipIfEmpty>true</skipIfEmpty>
                            <includes>
                                <include>**/*Builder.class</include>
                            </includes>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk

~~~ Try to leave this world a little better than you found it and,
when your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any
rate you have not wasted your time but have done your best ~~~

Lord Baden-Powell