Hi Basil,

I work for an Indian IT company(1,50,000+ employees) and we use Maven for
many of our projects.

Recently we used Maven Enforcer Plugin and Dependency Convergence Rule (
http://maven.apache.org/enforcer/enforcer-rules/dependencyConvergence.html).
We needed the convergence to be checked for only project specific module
dependencies. I wrote a custom rule modifying the existing rule to accept a
standard include/exclude list. This is working fine and I think it will be
a good feature to be included in the standard Dependency Convergence Rule.

Should I raise this in JIRA? I don’t have a JIRA access.

Sure it would be great if you create a JIRA account via this:

https://xircles.codehaus.org/signup

afterwards you can create a JIRA ticket for this purpose and describe what you have changed and of course attach the patch...Apart of that it would be great if you have some tests for the behaviour of your changes...

Than i see no objections to integrate your change into maven-enforcer rules...

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise