Hi Stephen,

We are not using any preparationGoals. So it's not that my preparation
goals are not mimicking a full release. It is that the default dry run is
not mimicking a default full release.
We are talking about completely vanilla release:prepare. The only
non-default value is the resume=false.
And about the tradeoff, I see your point, but IMO the defaults should not
make those tradeoff decisions for you. The default should be the safest
setting, not the fastest

Here are the two goals we run for full and for dry-run respectively

-Dresume=false release:prepare release:perform
-Dresume=false -DdryRun=true release:prepare

I will try to play with the preparationGoals, but again, the default
behaviour seems flawed to me

Thanks for your help

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels