Hi,

In a multi module project, I want to reuse the project name from the parent
pom as part of the project name for each module. It seemed reasonable to
use ${project.parent.name}, but it seems that this property is never
substituted, i.e. anything that refers to the project name gets the literal
string '${project.parent.name} - Some Module'.

${project.parent.name} resolves just fine in other places and with mvn
help:evaluate.

The only info I have managed to find says that property substitution is not
allowed in /project/(groupId|artifactId|version). To me, that says property
substitution should be allowed (and happening) for /project/name.

Am I missing or misunderstanding something, or have I hit a bug?

Maven version: 3.2.5

Kind regards,
Pop Qvarnström