Suppose we have an app that's being developed on trunk and a couple of
branches simultaneously - and we'd like to publish artifacts from each dev
branch into our maven repo (so that we can run a cluster for each code
branch). Currently the 'V' in GAV equals our CI's build plan execution
number.

What are some approaches for differentiating GAVs between each code branch?
I can think of:

1) using different artifact names (ie myapp for trunk, myapp-b1 for branch1
version, etc)

2) reset version numbers so that trunk's starts at 100, branch 1 starts at
10,000, etc (unlikely to collide in our case but seems cheesy)

3) Something else?

thanks

-nikita