Kevin,

If the builds are currently downloading the same artifacts only once, then
running any of the suggested mvn commands during your build won't actually
save any time will it?

You mention an "init process"...Are you planning on running the artifact
"pre-caching" outside of your CI build e.g. at container start up? or are
you adding the artifacts to the container definition (e.g. docker layer)?
or is this happening on the host and accessed from the container (e.g.
docker volume)

I'm just curious as one of my teams is considering SAAS CI.

Thanks,
Doug