Hi,

Generally speaking you need to add an execution section for the plugin.

See the documentation here
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
(look for execution )

Though this particular goal is generally very slow and it did'nt really
make sense to add it to the lifecycle. This should be more an on-demand
task, or a task done by Integration server, in this case  using
versions:display-dependency-updates should be enough.

--
Adrien Rivard
  • modify goal Philipp Kraus