I doubt it is the compilation that sucks up the time. Try running with test
execution skipped to see the time difference, eg `mvn clean install` vs
`mvn clean install -DskipTests`

If you are using `install` then likely there is no need to rebuild
everything each time and you can use the -pl -am and -and cli options to
tune how much of the reactor to rebuild

--
Sent from my phone