> Just on a side note, eclipse m2e pom editor does have an autocomplete for
> plugin configuration based on the plugin descriptor and the classes that
> are used.
> +1 to namespace support though, since it could be used to provide
> autocomplete for parts that cannot be deduced by looking at the model
> (xpp3dom elements, maps, etc.)

That's true for IDEA as well. Autocompletion works nicely on top-level
configuration elements, however for nested structures like lists and
maps it doesn't work so well. I.e. deducing the element name of a
list-element it e.g. not possible by an IDE since in Maven afaik any
name is allowed for a list-element's tag. In my case
(docker-maven-plugin) I have configuration which is nested up to four
levels. That's one of the reason wgy I'm looking for IDE support here
(which as I said seems to work only on the top-level in IDEA).

How is the situation in Eclipse ? Is it possible to do autocompletion on
list elements (and their @Parameter), too ?

In general I have the feeling that support for XSD based autocompletion
is much more matured in IDEs.

... roland