Tested on RHEL 7, Java 8, -T8, all maven plugins up to date with
current releases (thanks versions-m-p), on many internal projects for
basic build/test/it and it is working great! It really looks great and
modern! :-)

Now I just made it my default version of Apache Maven and will give it
more rigorous testing throughout the week, more plugins, more goals,
more profiles, more oddball cases.

(not scientific testing, but I am seeing minor performance
improvements on the order of 2-3% despite colour outputs)

Thank you Apache Maven Team! Thank you Karl :)