http://blog.artifact-software.com/tech/?p=121 and other Maven posts might give you some ideas about handling large numbers of third party jars in a large project.
We use Eclipse/STS and Maven.

Ron

On 30/06/2016 11:10 AM, Eddie Galvez wrote:
What is the way to use the maven-shade-plugin but, what I think is the
obvious usage then of such a shaded project, to have it in eclipse as a
source project?

In other words - because maven-shade-plugin only does its thing on
package... while you are in Eclipse (your IDE), other projects will not
compile since they are expecting the shaded package names... what's the way
to be able to work with a project that you want to maven-shade-plugin some
third party dependencies in, for use within and inside eclipse?

Cleary I understand you can just package/install the shaded project into a
repository then NOT bring in the source project into the workspace... but
ideally I don't want that.

Thanks!

--
Ron Wheeler