A quick google gets you
https://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Plugin_Management

You can add a plug-in management section to your parent pom to control the version used in all of your project poms.

https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html

Ron

On 03/07/2016 5:45 PM, Alex Ditu wrote:
Hello,

Can anyone provide some help regarding plugin versions? I want to use
the latest version of maven-war-plugin (or at least one greater than
2.3); so i decided to install the latest version of maven, 3.3.9.
But when I execute "mvn help:effective-pom" I see it still uses 2.3
version of maven-war-plugin.
My first question is: where does maven read wich plugin version to
use, if I don't specify one?
I tought it was in the super-pom, but I didn't find anything
there...Can anyone help me understand what is happening?

Alex

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc