Hi all,

I am working on a multimodule maven project consisting of several EJB, WAR
and an EAR module. The EJB modules contain shared functionality.

To increase development speed, I want the WAR modules build in a way that
allows me to bundle them into the EAR as well as deploy them standalone in
my EE container.

I figured out how to accomplish this with profiles. If I build a WAR to be
bundeled into the EAR, I'll activate a profile that sets the scope
'provided' for all EJB dependencies.

Since the profile activation is somewhat cumbersome (and profiles are
somewhat bunt in my company), I am searching for another solution.

Does maven provide any handy mechanism? Or is there any plugin doing the
work?

Thanks a lot, Clemens