activemq-all, as its name suggests, bundles third-party dependencies in its
JAR (rather than declaring them as dependencies), and it happens to include
slf4j:
http://grepcode.com/snapshot/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.activemq/activemq-all/5.11.1
So I suppose, the first run finds slf4j classes in activemq-all so it marks
the slf4j dependency as "unused declared".
Do not ever use "uberjars" as dependencies, and report it upstream if it
comes as a transitive dependency of a third party (and in the meantime,
exclude the transitive dependency and add the proper non-uberjar
dependencies instead).