According to
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html#Plugins

<https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html#Plugins>:
"If more than one goal is bound to a particular phase, the order used is that
those from the packaging are executed first, followed by those configured in
the POM”
"When multiple executions are given that match a particular phase, they are
executed in the order specified in the POM, with inherited executions running
first."

As long as the deploy mojo is specified in the packaging, it will always run
before your additional mojo specified in your pom. If you specify the deploy
mojo in your pom, try placing the deploy mojo in your parent pom and your
notification mojo in your subordinate pom.  Or, order the execution
declarations in your single pom.

chas