No there isn't. The correct value needs to be in the pom (pom-deps) itself.

If then someone says you can specify the property values on the command
line as java system properties, it will not work as it will not update the
specified values in the pom-deps pom. Thus, the pom when deployed to the
repo will contain the old versions instead of the new ones used when
building.

/Anders