Thanks for the reply Olivier, but I don't think I can "attach" . Let me
explain:

Basically, I want to deploy someJar.jar and at the same time declare a
dependency:    someJar.jar --> redist-cpp.zip

redist-cpp.zip is already stored in Archiva.
someJar.jar is not produced by Maven.

If I "attach" someJar.jar, then I have to attach it to a dummy empty main
artifact that would serve no purpose other than to let someJar.jar being
deployed alongside.
Moreover, I think (not sure) that the dependencies of the main artifact are
not dependencies of the attached artifacts. So I would not achieve my goal.

I can not "attach" redist-cpp.zip because itis already stored on Archiva.

I could maybe have used  mvn deploy:deploy-file
<https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-remote.html>
and use option "-DpomFile=" to point to a pom where I would define the
dependency to redist-cpp.zip.
Problem is that I would not be able to pass the version of my artifact on
the command-line (see  Maven CI Friendly stuff
<https://maven.apache.org/maven-ci-friendly.html>  ), I would have to change
it in the pom on each deploy.

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html