Hi all,

in the Apache Edgent (incubating) project we are producing java 8 and java 7
compatible jars by using the retrolambda-maven-plugin. The Java 7 versions are
just a convenience byproduct for us. In order to do this, we create the jar as
well as the test-jars for each module and hava separate java 7 modules where no
code is compiled, but instead in the compile phase we unpack the jar and in the
compile-test phase we unpack the test-jar of the matching Java 8 module. After
unpacking the retrolambda plugin is executed and it generates the Java 7
versions. From then on the converted class files are used to run the tests and
create the java 7 jars.

A little inconvenience of this approach is, that all test-jars are also
published to nexus. We do need them to be installed in the local repo, but
there is generally no point in deploying them to Maven-Central. While I have no
big deals with this, some in the project would like to remove those test-jars
from deployment.

Is there any way to do this by usual configuration? Right now we are thinking
of using the Nexus REST interface to programmatically strip them form the
staging repo prior to closing it, but this all feels like a huge hack.

Do you have any advice how to do this or some good reasons not to do it?

Chris