Hi All,

I started working with a Jenkins pipeline and I am still building my mental
picture of how maven, git, groovy and Jenkins really work together - fyi I'm
using OpenShift / Kubernetes as the deployment platform.

Am I correct in thinking that actually maven could achieve 95% of the build
and deployment configuration and that Jenkins with its plugins is actually
secondary, and in a 'pure' maven configuration could be any build platform
like TeamCity, Bamboo etc?

I can't see any great advantage to using Jenkins pipelines except to
prettify the visuals on the build server.

Have I missed something or is there a Jenkins killer plugin that does stuff
which maven can't?

Regards
Adam

--