Hi Bernd,

You are right, thanks for illustration.

But why? Im still confused....

the  prefix-to-artifactId mappings is defined within <pluginGroups> of
effective settings.xml and the default values of it is:

> org.apache.maven.plugins
> org.codehaus.mojo

right? tomcat7's groupId:  org.apache.tomcat.maven is not included.

Why I can using tomcat7 as prefix for  tomcat7-maven-plugin after I add it
in  <build><pluginManagement><plugins> of my pom.xml...