Greetings,

I am using maven-enforcer-plugin to ensure only one version of jar files is loaded. In case of conflicts, I normally would use exclusions to weed out unwanted jars. Normally I would pick latest version of library.

I am not clear how to solve following problem reported by maven enforcer plugin. I am adding dependency on org.hibernate:hibernate-core which in turn has dependency on org.hibernate.common:hibernate-commons-annotations. Both these are pulling different versions on jboss-logging.

If I add exclusion on jboss-logging, which will get dropped? How do I force to drop dependency from org.hibernate.common:hibernate-commons-annotations where it seems to be using older version.

Dependency convergence error for org.jboss.logging:jboss-logging:3.3.1.Final paths to dependency are:
+group:artifcat:version
  +-org.hibernate:hibernate-core:5.2.14.Final
    +-org.jboss.logging:jboss-logging:3.3.1.Final
and
+group:artifcat:version
  +-org.hibernate:hibernate-core:5.2.14.Final
+-org.hibernate.common:hibernate-commons-annotations:5.0.1.Final
      +-org.jboss.logging:jboss-logging:3.3.0.Final

Thanks,

Niranjan