On 11.09.2018 12:36, Mark Prins wrote:
On 11-09-18 10:56, Nicolas Peifer wrote:
I'm trying to show dependency conflicts using "mvn dependency:tree -Dverbose -Dincludes=commons-collections" as described in the documentation[1]. Unfortunately, this gives the following error:

"Verbose not supported since maven-dependency-plugin 3.0"

I tested it with Maven 3.3.9 and 3.5.4. Does anyone know a solution (apart from downgrading the plugin)?

verbose probably needs a value, also see the note: https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/tree-mojo.html#verbose

Using a different or specific version is as easy as specifying that (eg. 2.10):
"mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:tree"
Thanks for your reply =)

-Dverbose is sufficient (equivalent to -Dverbose=true).

Thanks for the command example, it works. However, my local maven repository is broken after executing the command with the fixed dependency-plugin version and I cannot execute a simple "mvn clean install" on my project: "Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.2:install (default-install) on project *****: Execution default-install of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.2:install failed: Unable to load the mojo 'install' (or one of its required components) from the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.2': com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Unable to provision, see the following errors:
[ERROR]
[ERROR] 1) Error injecting: private org.eclipse.aether.spi.log.Logger org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultVersionRangeResolver.logger...."

I solved it by deleting my local maven repository.