On 10/26, Mirko Friedenhagen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think extensions are looked up in pluginRepositories, not the
> standard repositories. Maybe that’s your problem?
>
> Best Regards
> Mirko Friedenhagen

Thank you for your suggestion.  How can I test this hypothesis?
I do not have a ~/.m2/settings.xml file, so there are no custom
repositories there, and the test-01 project's pom.xml does not contain
any custom repositories.  I'm just depending on Maven being able to
find in my local repository (~/.m2/repository) the extension listed
in extensions.xml.  I don't see any errors in the transcript for the
"-X" invocation that would suggest it wasn't able to find the extension
artifact; it's just that the extension doesn't work when loaded from
extensions.xml.

I tried hacking

~/.m2/repository/com/redhat/jboss/maven/el-profile-activator-extension/1.0.0/_remote.repositories

which contained

  el-profile-activator-extension-1.0.0.pom>=
  el-profile-activator-extension-1.0.0.jar>=

by making it look like the artifact came from Maven Central

  el-profile-activator-extension-1.0.0.pom>central=
  el-profile-activator-extension-1.0.0.jar>central=

but that didn't help; the extension still didn't work when loaded via
extensions.xml.

Lewis