See responses inline.

You will need to use a compliant or certified JRE/JDK configuration. Maven
inherits the status of the JVM.

> 2) Is any third party software bundled with the software?

Please refer to the lib directory for all 3rd party libraries. There are no
third party executables.

> 3) Can the software export security related audit trails to external
> collection systems, such as syslog or ArcSight?

Yes, you will need to ensure the logging properties are configured to do so.

> 5) Are user accounts required or optional?

Not applicable.